This is the best granola recipe out there! Yummy oats, nuts, and dried fruit are lightly sweetened and toasted to granola perfection! Once you try this 30-minute granola recipe you’ll never go back to store-bought!
Friends, get ready for one of those recipes that will change your life! I first shared my best granola recipe (originally given to me by my mother) here on the blog in 2012 with some woefully horrible pictures. It fell into the cracks of blog archives without the accolades it deserves and today we right that wrong!
This has been my go-to granola recipe since I was in college. It is perfect for adding to yogurt for a nice healthy start to the day and it’s always a hit wrapped up in a mason jar for gifting.
Why I Love This Easy Granola Recipe
- This granola whips up in 30 minutes, making it fast when you have a craving!
- The ingredients are likely already in your pantry
- It tastes great with milk, on yogurt, over oatmeal, even sprinkled in a nice leafy salad!
- It’s packed with protein and omega-3s!
- The granola recipe is the perfect balance of slightly sweet (from the maple syrup) and perfectly crunchy!
Easy Homemade Granola Ingredients
- Rolled Oats These are also called Old Fashioned Oats. If you want a gluten-free granola, ensure these are certified gluten-free when picking the brand.
- Honey & Maple Syrup add all-natural sweetness to the mix!
- Canola oil or your favorite oil variety
- Chopped Walnuts give omega-3s and a nice crunch, substitute your favorite nuts to make this recipe your own.
- Coconut, raisins, and cranberries add natural sweetness to the mix. Again, substitute with your favorite dried fruits to customize your granola!
- Cinnamon, salt, & vanilla extract flavor this granola recipe to perfection!
VIDEO: Making Homemade Granola
How to Make Homemade Granola
This process is so much easier than you think! In just a few steps you’ll have your very own from scratch granola!
- Mix the dry ingredients other than the coconut, raisins, and dried cranberries.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir to coat.
- Spread the mixture onto baking sheets in an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring and rotating baking sheets halfway through to ensure even toasting.
- Add in coconut for last 5 minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool then mix in raisins and dried cranberries and enjoy!
These add-ins would be easy ways to change up your granola!
- Chocolate chips Stir in chocolate after the granola has cooled.
- Peanut Butter Add peanut butter to the maple syrup and oil mixture.
- Chia Seeds add a boost of omega-3s to the mix, mix in with dry ingredients before toasting
- Almonds Slivered almonds complement this recipe wonderfully!
It is simple but delicious served with yogurt, milk, or oatmeal. You can substitute the nuts and dried fruit for whatever your particular tastes are.
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This is the best healthy granola recipe out there! Yummy oats, nuts, and dried fruit are lightly sweetened and toasted to granola perfection! Once you try this 30-minute granola recipe you’ll never go back to store-bought!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cups shredded unsweeteened coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, maple syrup, oil, water, and vanilla extract and stir to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together oats, cinnamon, salt, and walnuts.
- Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread granola ina thin layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes then stir granola and rotate baking sheets to ensure even baking.
- Bake additional 15 minutes, then add coconut in a layer over the mix. Bake additional 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- Allow to cool completely before stirring in raisins and dried cranberries.
- Oven times can vary, watch granola closely to prevent over toasting. Granola will be golden brown when it is finished.
- Coconut is only added the last 5 minutes to ensure it is only lightly toasted, not over browned.
Keywords: homemade granola, best granola recipe
This recipe was originally shared August 2012 and updated with new photos and additional information August 2019.