Strawberry Bread is an easy to make homemade quick sweet bread recipe perfect for breakfast, snacking, or even dessert! Once you try it, I’m sure it will be one of your favorite fresh strawberry recipes!
I’m a big fan of baking quick breads, it’s an easy and inexpensive way to keep my three boys from eating me out of house and home! Since we are stuck at home for the time being, it was the perfect time to try a new recipe that I think you’ll love: Strawberry Bread!
This recipe is a hybrid of the Strawberry Muffins I’ve shared before and my most popular recipe, Apple Cinnamon Bread. The result is a light, sweet bread that’s indulgent enough for dessert but not too sweet to get away with being breakfast either!
🍓How to Make Homemade Fresh Strawberry Bread
The ingredients are simple, if you have strawberries you probably have everything you need!
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
Once you have all of your ingredients you simply mix them up and then gently fold in the strawberries. Then pour into a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and bake.
TIP: I like to slice one of the strawberries vertically and press the slices into the top of the bread to give it that extra “pretty” presentation!
The bread cooks up in about 45 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean) and makes your home smell amazing in the process!
I prefer my bread plain but it’s easy to add a simple strawberry glaze to the bread. Allow the bread to fully cool, then mix up the following and spread on the cooled bread:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅓ cup finely diced strawberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
I do not recommend using frozen berries in this bread. They have a different texture and will turn the entire bread batter a pink/purple color.
If you glaze the bread it will need to be refrigerated, otherwise store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days.
Yes! Wrap the bread in plastic wrap tightly and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then allow to come to room temperature before serving.
To adapt this recipe to make strawberry muffins simply use a muffin pan sprayed lined with cupcake liners or sprayed with nonstick spray and reduce the cooking time to about 20-25 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Strawberry Bread is an easy to make homemade quick sweet bread recipe perfect for breakfast, snacking, or even dessert!
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for dusting
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ pint fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer , combine eggs, ⅔ cup sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla and beat on medium speed until fully blended.
- Add flour and baking powder, then milk and continue to mix until uniform.
- Gently fold in diced strawberries and pour into prepared pan. *See note below*
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- For a pretty presentation, slice one strawberry and tap into the top of the loaf before dusting with sugar.
Keywords: strawberry bread
FREE Delicious Breads eCookbook!
Subscribe to our newsletter and I'll send you a FREE eCookbook with my very favorite easy, delicious bread recipes as a thank you gift!