Combine your favorite fruits with this easy Strawberry Banana Bread recipe the entire family will love. This is an easy quickbread recipe ready in just one hour! Great for breakfast or dessert!
I first posted this recipe for Strawberry Banana Bread in 2013 based off of my very favorite banana bread recipe and it has been a family favorite ever since. Our family always has both strawberries and bananas in the house so it's in pretty regular rotation. I try to keep some sort of homemade bread or muffins in addition to fruit in the house all the time to help feed our three boys who have some pretty impressive appetites.
This Strawberry Banana Bread is very easy to make. It stirs up easily by hand, no mixer required. It tastes wonderful warm out of the oven and keeps for three days in an airtight container (although it rarely lasts that long at our house!) My husband likes to eat it warm with a little butter on it and I even let the kids have it for breakfast too!
- ripe bananas
- melted butter
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- all-purpose flour
- fresh strawberries
Step by step
This recipe couldn't be easier to make!
- Mash the bananas and add the wet ingredients to mix.
- Separately mix the dry ingredients then stir them all together.
- Gently fold in the chopped fresh strawberries.
- Bake in a buttered pan and fifty minutes later you have this amazing strawberry banana bread ready to eat!
Yes! After baking and cooling, store in an airtight container up to three months in the freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before eating.
If wrapped tightly you can keep this bread at room temperature 4-5 days. Refrigerated bread will last up to 7 days.
I do not recommend frozen berries for this bread, the berries seep liquid as they cook and distort the texture and appearance of the bread.
Here are some other banana and strawberry recipes you might enjoy:
- Strawberry Stuffed Angel Food Cake
- Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cake
- Walnut Banana Bread
- Banana Pudding Recipe
This Strawberry Banana Bread recipe is very easy to make, ready in just one hour, and bakes up perfectly every time! A true family favorite recipe!
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mash ripe bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and mix well.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack. Keep in an airtight container up to three days.
For a pretty presentation, reserve some chopped strawberries and add on top of the bread after pouring batter in the pan. Tap strawberries gently into the batter before baking.
- Serving Size: 1 inch slice
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 48 g
- Sodium: 171.3 mg
- Fat: 14.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 70 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 58.9 mg
Keywords: strawberry, banana, bread
You might also enjoy these Chocolate Chip Banana Bars: