This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cinnamon Sugared Pecans are an easy, 6 ingredient snack that is perfect for gifting. Ready in just an hour, these sugared pecans are perfect for topping salads or snacking.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Homemade Sugared Pecans
My great-grandfather had a farm in southeastern Virginia and I loved to go there with my grandparents growing up. One of my favorite things to do was collect pecans from the large trees in his land. (I used Google Earth to find this picture of the house now, isn’t it gorgeous?)
I’d collect pecans and then sit with my grandpa cracking the shells all evening…I just love pecans. Then we’d get to the fun part-eating them!
My grandmother would bake an insanely good pecan pie, my grandpa loved to eat them raw, and we’d sugar them too. The sugared pecans make great gifts all packaged up in mason jars and I thought I’d share the easy recipe with you today!
Cinnamon Sugared Pecan Ingredients
- raw pecans
- egg white
- vanilla extract
How to Make Sugared Pecans
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet thoroughly with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl combine egg white, water and vanilla. Whisk until frothy.
- Put pecans in a large bowl and pour egg mixture over them. Mix until pecans are coated.
- In a gallon plastic bag combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour coated pecans in bag and seal. Shake to coat.
- Spread pecans on prepared baking sheet and bake for fifty minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Sugared Pecan Tips
- Make sure the pecans are thoroughly coated.
- Bake pecans directly on the prepped baking sheet, not on parchment paper or foil, you want them to soak up the syrup that forms while baking.
For some of my other favorite pecan recipes try these:
- Candied Spicy Pecans
- Southern Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Pecan Snowball Cookies
- Praline Latte
- Homemade Microwave Pralines
- Sweet Potato Casserole
What is your favorite way to eat pecans? Let me know in the comments!Print