These aren’t your typical candied pecans, these Spicy Candied Pecans have a kick that makes them downright irresistible! Great homemade gift idea!
Growing up my great grandfather had multiple pecan trees on their farm. Every time we visited in the fall it would be my responsibility to go around the yard and collect the pecans into a big wicker bucket. I loved it!
Then we would sit in front of the TV that evening and crack them to prepare for my grandmother to make any number of amazing pecan treats for us the next day. These Spicy Candied Pecans bring back those memories for me every time I make them!
These are not your typical candied pecans like I’ve posted before. This recipe has a kick!
For some, it may seem to be a peculiar combination but I promise you, they’re addictive.
The first taste is just like any other candied pecan recipe…sweet, roasted pecans. Then, a moment later that spice hits and you can’t stop yourself from grabbing another handful!
- kosher salt
- cayenne pepper
- pecan halves
Step by step
It’s so easy to make this delicious snack!
- Mix honey and spices to blend.
- Coat pecans in the honey mixture.
- Pour onto a baking sheet and bake ten minutes.
That’s it! It’s so easy and fast too!
These pecans are also great for gifting. Get the pecans in bulk for the best prices in the fall and make in double and triple batches. Package them up in cute little mason jars and watch the “thank you”s roll in! I’m serious, they are that good!
Here are a few more great homemade gift ideas you can make in the kitchen:
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
These aren’t your typical candied pecans, these Spicy candied pecans have a kick that makes them downright irresistible!
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 oz pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl pour the honey. Stir vigorously to thin.
- Add salt, sugar, cinnamon, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stir well.
- Pour in pecans and press into the honey and spice mixture to coat as best you can.
- Pour pecans in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake ten minutes.
- When you remove the pecans give them a quick stir in the melted honey mixture to coat any pecans that did not get coated before roasting.
- Allow to cool completely then break apart into singles and clusters.
- Store in an airtight container up to two weeks.
Keywords: candied pecans