These strawberry muffins are packed with fresh, juicy strawberries, yogurt for an extra kick of flavor, and baked to perfection with a sugary golden crisp top.
What could be better than sweet muffins packed with fresh strawberries? These easy Strawberry Muffins are packed with fruit and flavor. They are a nice alternative to blueberry muffins and perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Why I love this recipe
- I love the flavor and texture the yogurt adds to these delicious muffins while my husband remarked that the addition of the cinnamon really set them apart. (The kids give no feedback other than happy chewing smiles!!)
- They are a healthy and easy grab-and-go breakfast or snack
- This recipe is great for using strawberries that are slightly past their prime so you don't have to throw them away
So glad I found this recipe! -Hermoine
Perfect for summer, everyone raved over them! -Mary
My kids ate these in a day! -Randi
Step by step
These strawberry muffins are very easy to make!
- Start by mixing the sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt, and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl, you'll mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and gently fold the strawberries into the batter.
- Fill the baking cups and dust with sugar for that special crisp top.
- Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!
Tips for best results
- I recommend making these with fresh strawberries, not frozen, to make sure they don't get soggy. I used about a half a pint of berries per batch for mine but you can easily add or subtract from that amount depending on how you prefer them. (The more the better in my book!)
- For light and fluffy muffins, be sure not to overmix the batter.
- Change the yogurt to experiment: use Greek yogurt to add extra protein or a plant-based yogurt to eliminate the dairy.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Freeze in a freezer-safe container up to a month. To thaw individually wrap each muffin in plastic wrap before freezing. Thaw at room temperature overnight.
Here are a few more of my favorite strawberry recipes:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Easy Strawberry Danish
- Strawberry Creme Puff Cake
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake
- Strawberry Crisp
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
These strawberry muffins are packed with fresh, juicy strawberries and baked to perfection with a sugary golden crisp top.
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar plus 1 teaspoon for dusting
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ pint strawberries (about 1 ½ cups chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, ⅔ cup sugar, oil, yogurt and vanilla until blended. In a second bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Slowly add dry mixture into wet and stir until blended. Gently fold in chopped strawberries.
- Fill baking cups ¾ full. Dust tops with additional sugar. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool.
- use fresh strawberries, not frozen
Keywords: strawberry muffins
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!