Strawberry Bread is an easy to make homemade quick sweet bread recipe perfect for breakfast, snacking, or even dessert!
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for dusting
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer , combine eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla and beat on medium speed until fully blended.
- Add flour and baking powder, then milk and continue to mix until uniform.
- Gently fold in diced strawberries and pour into prepared pan. *See note below*
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- For a pretty presentation, slice one strawberry and tap into the top of the loaf before dusting with sugar.
Keywords: strawberry bread