Chicken with Dijon Mustard Sauce is a fast, easy, 20-minute dinner recipe packed with flavor. Chicken breasts are sautéed to perfection before a creamy dijon sauce is made in the same pan in this one-pot wonder dinner! Serve with slow cooker rice, Texas toast, or homemade drop biscuits to complete your meal.
Like my Chicken with Creamy Garlic Herb Sauce or Bacon Pasta Carbonara, this Chicken with Dijon Sauce is a 20-minute, one-pot meal that you're going to want on regular rotation. It is fast and delicious, and did I mention EASY??
Why I love this recipe
There is so much flavor in the mustard cream sauce and the chicken is nice and juicy.
It is also low-carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free so it is one of my go-to easy chicken recipes when I have guests with dietary restrictions. (Plus it's so fast, it is perfect for when you have company!)
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chicken broth
- heavy cream
- dijon mustard
Step by step
- Trim chicken breasts and if necessary pound them to an even thickness. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through, flipping once, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add chicken broth to the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze and get all those flavorful brown bits into your sauce.
- Add heavy cream and oregano. Whisk to mix and simmer 2 minutes.
- Return chicken and any juices to the pan, stir, and serve.
- you may substitute white wine for the chicken broth if desired
- use chicken thighs or chicken cutlets instead of chicken breasts
- garnish with fresh herbs, I often use fresh parsley or thyme
- experiment with different types of mustards
- add cooked and crumbled bacon to the sauce before serving
This chicken recipe makes plenty of sauce so you can serve it over egg noodles, roasted potatoes, rice, or almost any starch. My husband's favorite is serving it over mashed potatoes, while I prefer pasta myself!
Important Note About the Sauce
This recipe makes a generous amount of sauce. If you do not want as much you can easily cut it in half or even in third. Our family likes the extra sauce for serving over pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.
There is also enough sauce that you could add an extra chicken breast or two if your pan will fit it (or cook in batches) without having to add more sauce to the recipe.
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Chicken with Dijon Mustard Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: main course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Chicken with Dijon Mustard Sauce is a fast, easy, 20 minute dinner recipe packed with flavor. Chicken breasts are sautéed to perfection before a creamy dijon sauce is made in the same pan in this one pot wonder dinner!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- Trim chicken and pound to an even thickness if needed. Season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook 10-12 minutes, flipping once, or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Add chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
- Whisk in heavy cream and oregano and bring to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Return chicken and any juices to the pan. Stir, and serve.
Keywords: chicken with dijon mustard sauce
Leave a Reply