Cheese Stuffed Meatballs are the ultimate family-friendly food! They are easy to make and always a big hit. Eat them alone, with spaghetti, or in a slow cooker ravioli!
When I was little I loved my mom’s meatloaf…she would stuff a very generous amount of mozzarella cheese right in the middle of it and it was absolutely delicious.
I make it for my husband all the time so it shouldn’t have been a surprise for me a few weeks ago when he suggested that I make meatballs using the same premise-because really, isn’t everything better stuffed with cheese?
These Cheese Stuffed Baked Meatballs are the ultimate in easy weeknight dinners-and the entire family will love them! They can be whipped up in a half hour and frozen and reheated later as well.Print
These easy baked meatballs are stuffed with cheese for a delicious surprise the entire family will love!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 cm cubes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Before you start mixing your meat make sure your cheese is handy nearby so you can easily grab pieces without contaminating other objects since your hands will have raw meat on them. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Use your hands to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Once the meat mixture is combined roll meat into 1.5″ balls around pieces of the cheese. Be sure to seal the meat completely around the cheese cube so it doesn’t leak out while baking.
- Place meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes or until the bottom edges begin to brown.
- Serve immediately.
- To freeze the meatballs: Allow to cool on the baking sheet then remove from the foil and transfer to the clean baking sheet beneath (so they don’t freeze to the fat that was released during cooking.) Place the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour, then transfer to a freezer bag for storage.
Keywords: meatball, cheese, baked