These strawberry muffins are packed with fresh, juicy strawberries and baked to perfection with a sugary golden crisp top.
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar plus 1 teaspoon for dusting
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 pint strawberries (about 1 1/2 cups chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, oil, yogurt and vanilla until blended. In a second bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Slowly add dry mixture into wet and stir until blended. Gently fold in chopped strawberries.
- Fill baking cups 3/4 full. Dust tops with additional sugar. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool.
- use fresh strawberries, not frozen
Keywords: strawberry muffins