This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Recipe – Easy, delicious light and fluffy cookies with a creamy center, topped with a heart-shaped strawberry. Perfect Valentine’s Day dessert recipe!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Happy Monday! I have the cutest little cookie recipe for you today-Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies! I wanted to make these cookies because I was inspired by a recipe that I shared a whopping five years ago-Strawberry Cheesecake Bites. I decided to alter the recipe just a tad to give them more of a cookie texture but they still have all the delicious flavor and creaminess of cheesecake!
It’s funny because in my original recipe I talk about my then 4 year old and how he’s obsessed with strawberries, and he still is now at nine! In fact, I had three pints just sitting in my fridge because he goes through them so quickly!
These cookies are not hard to make but there are a few notes for the result to come out good.
- lemon juice
Step by step
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, egg, and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add flour a little at a hand, stirring by hand until just blended.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake roll the dough into balls and flatten slightly.
- Bake ten minutes while you prep your strawberry hearts.
- Add strawberries immediately after removing from the oven, then cool before eating.
Tips for best results
- Start with room temperature butter and cream cheese (neufachel is okay too) and whip it for at least two minutes so it’s extremely light and fluffy.
- Chill the dough at least two hours, when I tested the recipe I preferred to chill it overnight as it’s quite sticky
- Do not overbake and remove cookies from the pan to a cooling rack within five minutes
- Add the strawberries immediately while cookies are still very soft.
- Do not place dough on a hot pan, alternate cookie sheets or wait until the pan is cool between batches.
You might also like these strawberry recipes:
- Strawberry Crisp
- Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Danish
- Strawberry Banana Bread
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
I hope you love these as much as our family did, I think they are just adorable for Valentine’s Day! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!