Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Recipe – Easy, delicious light and fluffy cookies with a creamy center, topped with a heart-shaped strawberry. Perfect Valentine’s Day dessert recipe!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- approximately 1 pint of strawberries
- In a mixer combine cream cheese and butter and beat on medium-high speed at least two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed and add in sugar, lemon juice, then eggs one at a time and mix until uniform.
- Remove bowl from mixer and slowly add flour a little at a time and stir by hand until just blended, do not overmix.
- Refrigerate at least two hours or overnight (covered).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out 1″ balls of dough. Roll in your hands and place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten balls slightly with your hand or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for ten minutes. In the meantime, cut off top of strawberries, halve them, then notch the top into a heart shape if desired.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately press strawberry halves into the top. Remove from pan to cooling rack and allow to cool ten minutes.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator up to one week.
Keywords: strawberry, Cheesecake, Cookies