Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Recipe – Easy, delicious light and fluffy cookies with a creamy center, topped with a heart-shaped strawberry. Perfect Valentine’s Day dessert recipe!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- approximately 1 pint of strawberries
- In a mixer combine cream cheese and butter and beat on medium-high speed at least two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed and add in sugar, lemon juice, then eggs one at a time and mix until uniform.
- Remove bowl from mixer and slowly add flour a little at a time and stir by hand until just blended, do not overmix.
- Refrigerate at least two hours or overnight (covered).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to measure out 1″ balls of dough. Roll in your hands and place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten balls slightly with your hand or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for ten minutes. In the meantime, cut off top of strawberries, halve them, then notch the top into a heart shape if desired.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately press strawberry halves into the top. Remove from pan to cooling rack and allow to cool ten minutes.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator up to one week.
Keywords: strawberry, Cheesecake, Cookies