Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are easier than you think! In less than 30 minute you can have old fashioned oatmeal raisin cookies ready to enjoy!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1.5 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray, parchment paper, or line with a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, vanilla, sugar, butter, and eggs. Mix on low speed until blended then beat on high until breamed together and light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to mix.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- Scoop dough with a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop or roll into 2 tablespoon balls and place on prepared cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Do not over-mix dough when adding dry ingredients to wet to ensure cookies end up soft rather than tough.
Keywords: oatmeal raisin cookies