This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These Perfect Rice Krispie treats turn out perfectly every time thanks to two special secret ingredients!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Have you ever made Rice Krispie treats and they were dry and hard and just nothing like the chewy sweet goodness you were expecting?
Over the years my boys and I have perfected making Rice Krispie Treats and we’ve discovered that there are two very special secret ingredients that make them turn out perfectly every time! These are great for parties or just anytime since they are so fast and easy-enjoy!
- Rice Krispies
- vanilla extract
Step by step
- Melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring often.
- Once fully melted remove from heat and add the vanilla and salt.
- Stir in Rice Krispies 2 cups at a time until all are added.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish, pressing firmly with a rubber spatula.
- Allow the Rice Krispie treats to cool completely and harden before slicing and serving.
Tips for best results
- The secret ingredients are the vanilla extract and salt, don’t skip these!
- Use real vanilla extract, not imitation! This special addition brings so much homemade flavor to the Rice Krispie Treats.
- Choose fresh, soft marshmallows rather than hard, stale ones.
- Heat the butter and marshmallows on low heat. Heating too hot will result in hard Rice Krispie Treats.
- Store in an airtight container up to three days.
Can I freeze Rice Krispie treats?
I do not recommend freezing these Rice Krispies, they don’t have the same texture afterward. They are so easy to make it’s best to cook up a fresh batch when you’re craving them!
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print