This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is an easy and delicious homemade version of your favorite takeout! Tender beef and broccoli in a mouth-watering sauce is served over rice in this no-fail Asian pressure cooker recipe.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Beef and Broccoli has always been my go-to dish when eating out at a Chinese restaurant. That tender beef and broccoli in a warm, savory sauce all served over rice (my favorite is slow cooker rice), my mouth is watering!
Luckily for me (and my wallet!) Beef and Broccoli is also easy to make at home. It takes just a few pantry-staple ingredients, and pressure cooking it makes preparation even faster, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights!
- flank steak or sirloin steak, sliced into very thin strips
- canola oil
- beef broth
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- sesame oil
- fresh or frozen broccoli
- long grain white rice
Step by step
- Set the Instant Pot to “sauté” mode and add the canola oil to the pot. When the oil is hot add the thin slices of steak and brown, using batches if necessary.
- Stir in sauce ingredients: broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to deglaze and release the flavor in all those brown bits on the bottom!
- Close the lid and seal the vent. Set to manual mode on high pressure for ten minutes.
- After the ten minutes manually quick pressure release by opening the valve and allowing all the steam to release. When the steam is completely released, carefully remove the lid.
- Set to saute mode. Thicken with a cornstarch slurry.
- Add broccoli florets and stir. Close the lid and cook until broccoli is tender (4-5 minutes depending on if you are using fresh or frozen.)
- Serve over a bowl of white rice or other starch of your choice.
Variations & Substitutions
- substitute chicken for the beef
- add in mushrooms or other favorite veggies
- spice it up with red pepper flakes
- add in a teaspoon of ground ginger when adding sauce ingredients
- garnish with sesame seeds and/or chopped green onion
- use thinly sliced chuck roast instead of flank steak
- substitute the long grain rice with jasmine rice, brown rice, or cauliflower rice
- cut the salt with low-sodium soy sauce
The sesame oil helps blend the flavors but if you are allergic you can omit it, there is no need to substitute another type of oil.
Make this beef and broccoli recipe gluten-free by ensuring your beef broth is gluten-free and substituting coconut aminos for the soy sauce.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for best results.
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print