Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is an easy and delicious homemade version of your favorite takeout! Tender beef and broccoli in a mouth-watering sauce is served over rice in this no-fail Asian pressure cooker recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut into very thin slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- rice for serving
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Put olive oil in the Instant Pot and select "Saute"
- Once oil is hot, brown the meat in batches to prevent overcrowding.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Lock the lid in place. Cook at high pressure for 12 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to the sealing position.
- When the cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release. (Make sure valve is completely dropped down before opening.)
- Set temperature to sauté. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and add to the Instant Pot. Stir until smooth and sauce has thickened.
- Add broccoli. Close the Instant Pot and let the broccoli cook for 3 minutes still in sauté mode until cooked through and tender.
- Serve over rice garnished with sesame seeds if desired.
Keywords: Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli