This easy banana bread recipe is a delicious way to use up overripe bananas!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash ripe bananas with a potato masher.
- Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and nuts last and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
For muffins, reduce cooking time to 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1" slice
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 24.3 g
- Sodium: 168.4 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.9 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 43.6 mg
Keywords: banana bread