Celebrate fall with this buttery Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe! It's a super easy dessert recipe made with yellow cake mix, pumpkin puree, egg, brown sugar, condensed milk, and butter!
Dump cakes are a funny thing....for such an amazing, easy, delicious dessert they are SO hard to make look good in pictures. So it's no wonder I had to make this yummy Buttery Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe three times in the past month to try to make it look good enough to post on the blog. And seriously, every time I made it the entire thing was gone in less than 24 hours!
What is Dump Cake?
I'm a huge fan of dump cakes. for those that haven't been lucky enough to grow up with dump cakes, let me give a quick explanation. Basically you "dump" any kind of fruit mixture (or veggie here!) and top with cake mix and butter then bake it up into delicious dessert heaven!
- pumpkin purée
- brown sugar
- sweetened condensed milk
- yellow cake mix
Step by step
You're about five minutes to fall dessert perfection people!
- Mix the pumpkin, egg, brown sugar, and condensed milk together in a bowl and then spread in a pan.
- In a second bowl, combine the cake mix with melted butter until it's mixed and crumbly.
- Pour the cake mix mixture over the pumpkin and pop in the oven for 40 minutes.
Tips for best results
- I recommend cooling for about a half-hour after baking to let everything firm up.
- Refrigerate leftovers (if there are any!) for up to 3 days.
- Pumpkin Dump Cake can be served cold or warm, I prefer warm and topped with whipped cream or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- The easiest way to reheat dump cake is in the microwave.
Yes! I usually make this dump cake with yellow cake mix or butter cake mix but you could use spice or butter pecan as well.
Chopped pecans, walnuts, toffee bits, crushed graham crackers, are all toppings my readers have tried and suggested!
You might also like these other delicious pumpkin recipes:
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Celebrate fall with this buttery Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe! It's a super easy dessert recipe that everyone can't get enough of. Perfect for autumn entertaining and parties!
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (7 oz)
- 1 box Butter Golden Cake Mix
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8" square baking dish lightly with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, and condensed milk. Stir until combined and pour into prepared dish.
In a separate bowl combine cake mix and butter, stir to mix.
Pour cake mixture over pumpkin mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Keywords: pumpkin, dump cake, pumpkin dump cake