Oh man, is anyone else struggling to get back to low carb eating after the holidays? I am usually pretty self-controlled but once I give in to my sugar cravings I go on a downward spiral. It’s okay, all those holiday goodies are done now and I’m back to cooking normally. I try to eat keto and my husband does low carb while my kids eat everything. I love to make recipes where one meal works for everyone and this Bacon Ranch Crack Chicken is most definitely a winner! It’s even better because it can be made in the Instant Pot for a fast weeknight meal.
I actually wasn’t even planning on sharing this recipe on the blog but my husband insisted because its so delicious so I quickly snapped a few pictures as everyone was waiting at the table, so excuse that there are no in-process shots, I will take them the next time I whip up this delicious crack chicken recipe and update the post later.
I eat this Crack Chicken plain while my husband likes his over cauliflower rice. I serve it over regular rice for my three boys. It’s rich and flavorful and filling, everything good comfort food should be, so its perfect for cooler weather!Print
Crack Chicken is a deliciously cheesy, bacon, and ranch flavored combination that will become an instant favorite. Enjoy over rice, pasta, or on its own for a keto-friendly low carb comfort food!
- 8 pieces thick cut bacon, chopped into 1” pieces
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ounce packet of ranch seasoning
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- rice, pasta, or cauliflower rice for serving if desired
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from Instant Pot and remove grease.
- Return bacon to Instant Pot and add chicken, broth, and ranch seasoning. Stir to mix.
- Seal the Instant Pot and close the vent. Choose manual mode and set timer for 12 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes then vent the valve to release remaining steam.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- Return the Instant Pot to Saute Mode and add cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Serve over rice or pasta if desired and top with shredded cheese and green onion.
Keywords: crack chicken, ranch, bacon, instant pot
Here are a few more of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes: