Make summer baking easy with this shortcut 30 minute Peach Dump Cake made with fresh peaches and cake mix. This tasty summer dessert is similar to a peach cobbler and sure to be the hit of the party!
To celebrate one year of living in “The Peach State” of Georgia, I have a delicious peach cobbler dump cake recipe for you today!
This easy peach dump cake has a shortcut that makes it so fast! The secret to getting all the taste of a traditional cobbler in just 30 minutes is using a cake mix instead of handmade biscuits to make the topping. This, along with melted butter, creates and ooey-gooey melt in your mouth delicious crust over the perfectly sweet peaches. It’s heavenly, especially topped with vanilla ice cream!
Step by step
This Peach Dump Cake recipe is so easy to make.
- Stir sliced peaches with sugar and spices and place in your baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cake mix then pour the melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes and you’re all finished!
Tips for best results
- Easily peel peaches by using a slotted spoon to dunk them in boiling water for 60 seconds. Use the spoon to transfer them immediately to ice-cold water. The skin with peel right off!
- If you can’t find fresh peaches you can use canned peaches. Reserve juice and add a few tablespoons to the cobbler before baking.
My favorite way to serve fresh peach cobbler with cake mix is to eat it warm, fresh out of the oven topped with vanilla ice cream! You can also top with whipped cream or enjoy it on its own.
You can substitute canned peaches (keep them in the syrup they come in) but the end results will vary. I highly recommend trying it with fresh peaches if possible.
To make this a slow cooker recipe, prepare as written in the slow cooker, making sure to saturate the cake mix with the butter and break up any dry spots. Cook on low 4 hours or high 2 hours.
If you have any leftovers (I rarely do!) store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave to serve warm.
Leftover peaches? Try this Peach Cobbler Pound Cake next!
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Celebrate summer with this easy shortcut peach cobbler recipe. Ready in just thirty minutes!
- 5 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced thinly (see Notes)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ (15.25 oz) box Golden Butter cake mix
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add sliced peaches to a bowl and add sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Stir to coat evenly.
- Pour peach mixture into a 9 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over peaches. Top with melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.
To Easily Peel Peaches: Use a slotted spoon to add peaches to pot of boiling water for 60 seconds. Immediately plunge in an ice bath to cool. Peel and slice thinly.
Keywords: peach cobbler
I hope you love this recipe as much as I did, my family had no problem with me making it multiple times in a week to test it!!