Make summer baking easy with this shortcut 30 minute Peach Cobbler made with cake mix. Whether you call it peach cobbler or peach dump cake, either way, you’ll love this sweet summertime dessert recipe!
Good morning friends! I am so excited to share this recipe with you today. Just a year ago this month our family moved from our year abroad in England to southeast Georgia and it seems only fitting to share a peach recipe to celebrate the occasion.
This easy peach cobbler recipe could also be called a dump cake because it has a shortcut that makes it so fast! The secret is using a cake mix instead of handmade biscuits to make the cobbler topping. This, along with melted butter, creates and ooey-gooey melt in your mouth delicious crust over the perfectly sweet peaches. It’s heavenly, especially topped with vanilla ice cream!
How to Make Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
This Peach Dump Cake recipe is so easy to make. Simply stir sliced peaches with sugar and spices and place in your baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix then pour the melted butter over the top. Bake for 20 minutes and you’re all finished!
Tips for Making Fresh Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix (Peach Dump Cake)
- Easily peel peaches by using a slotted spoon to dunk them in boiling water for 60 seconds. Use the spoon to transfer them immediately to ice-cold water. The skin with peel right off!
- If you can’t find fresh peaches you can use canned peaches. Reserve juice and add a few tablespoons to the cobbler before baking.
How to Serve Peach Cobbler
My favorite way to serve fresh peach cobbler with cake mix is to eat it warm, fresh out of the oven topped with vanilla ice cream!Print
Celebrate summer with this easy shortcut peach cobbler recipe. Ready in just thirty minutes!
- 5 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced thinly (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 (15.25 oz) box Golden Butter cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add sliced peaches to a bowl and add sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Stir to coat evenly.
- Pour peach mixture into a 9 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over peaches. Top with melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.
To Easily Peel Peaches: Use a slotted spoon to add peaches to pot of boiling water for 60 seconds. Immediately plunge in an ice bath to cool. Peel and slice thinly.
Keywords: peach cobbler
I hope you love this recipe as much as I did, my family had no problem with me making it multiple times in a week to test it!!