Beer Bread is a deceptively simple bread with only 3 ingredients! Once you learn this easy bread recipe, you’ll find yourself making it again and again!
- 3 cups SELF RISING flour (***this is important-if you don’t have this see note below***)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12oz. bottle of beer at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9-by-5-by-3 standard loaf pan
- Whisk dry ingredients together
- Pour in beer. With a big wooden spoon, quickly mix ingredients together until everything is incorporated. Don’t over mix, you need to get it in the oven before the carbonation fades.
- Drop into the pan and level it out.
- Bake for 50 minutes. This is very forgiving. If it doesn’t look done bake another 5 (max 10) minutes. Every time I have made it, it has been perfect at 50 minutes.
- Remove from pan and enjoy. It cuts better when it cools but ohmygoodness is it tasty with butter when HOT !
- If you don’t have Self Rising Flour make your own! For every one cup of flour add 1 1/4 tsp of baking soda and 1/4 tsp of salt so for this recipe use-3 cups of all purpose flour, 3 3/4 tsp baking soda, and 3/4 tsp of salt
- You can change the recipe dramatically by changing beers-my loaf today has Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale, yum! It tastes just as good with your run-of-the mill regular beer too though!
Keywords: beer bread