These Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies have an irresistible fudgy center with a crisp outside coated in powdered sugar, it’s no wonder they are a holiday favorite year after year!
Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies
Do you know when you taste something and it’s soooooo good that you pretty much feel all self-control melting away? That’s me and these Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle cookies. This is an ever so slight variation on my go-to Chocolate Crinkle Cookie recipe but the addition of the peppermint flavor makes this one of my favorite cookies ever! These cookies are super soft and fudgy-it’s hard to eat just one!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Ingredients
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- peppermint extract
- powdered sugar
How to Make Crinkle Cookies
This recipe is very easy so it’s a great one for the kiddos to help with! Simply combine dry and wet ingredients separately then combine. Chill the dough at least 4 hours.
When ready to bake, simply roll the dough into balls and coat in powdered sugar. Fifteen minutes later you’re in chocolate mint heaven!
Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Baking Tips
- You HAVE to chill the dough for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. You’ll never be able to roll it into balls if you don’t, it’s way too sticky.
- Even after chilling it will still be pretty sticky-I recommend coating your hands in powdered sugar before you even attempt to touch it, it makes a lightyear’s difference in handling the dough.
- Once you place the dough on the cookie sheet there is no need to press down, they will shape themselves as they bake.
- Be sure oven is thoroughly preheated to ensure they cook properly and are not doughy after baking.
These Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies have an irresistible fudgy center with a crisp outside coated in powdered sugar, it’s no wonder they are a holiday favorite year after year!
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar to coat
- In a medium bowl combine cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oil, eggs, sugar and extracts.
- Mix well to combine either by hand or with a mixer.
- Add flour mixture and stir until a black dough is formed-it will be very thick and sticky.
- Cover dough and refrigerate 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Put powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Coat hands with powdered sugar and roll dough into one inch balls.
- Place dough into sugar and roll to coat.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookie
This recipe was originally shared in November 2016 and updated in December 2019.