These Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies have an irresistible fudgy center with a crisp outside coated in powdered sugar, it's no wonder they are a holiday favorite year after year!
Raise your hand if you love chocolate! 🙋🏻♀️
I'm obsessed with chocolate desserts like my favorite OREO Dirt Cake, Chocolate Fudge Pie, and Chocolate Chess Pie so when I start to think about my holiday baking you know my head goes to chocolate first!
Do you know when you taste something and it's soooooo good that you pretty much feel all self-control melting away? That's me and these Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle cookies.
This is an ever so slight variation on my go-to Chocolate Crinkle Cookie recipe but the addition of the peppermint flavor makes this one of my favorite cookies ever! These cookies are super soft and fudgy-it's hard to eat just one!
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- peppermint extract
- powdered sugar
Step by step
This recipe is very easy so it's a great one for the kiddos to help with!
- Combine dry and wet ingredients separately then mix them together.
- Chill the dough at least 4 hours.
- When ready to bake, simply roll the dough into balls and coat in powdered sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Tips for best results
- You HAVE to chill the dough for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. You'll never be able to roll it into balls if you don't, it's way too sticky.
- Even after chilling it will still be pretty sticky-I recommend coating your hands in powdered sugar before you even attempt to touch it, it makes a lightyear's difference in handling the dough.
- Once you place the dough on the cookie sheet there is no need to press down, they will shape themselves as they bake.
- Be sure oven is thoroughly preheated to ensure they cook properly and are not doughy after baking.
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
These Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies have an irresistible fudgy center with a crisp outside coated in powdered sugar, it's no wonder they are a holiday favorite year after year!
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar to coat
- In a medium bowl combine cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oil, eggs, sugar and extracts.
- Mix well to combine either by hand or with a mixer.
- Add flour mixture and stir until a black dough is formed-it will be very thick and sticky.
- Cover dough and refrigerate 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Put powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Coat hands with powdered sugar and roll dough into one inch balls.
- Place dough into sugar and roll to coat.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookie