Nothing screams summer like watermelon, and this Watermelon Salad wit, mint, blueberries, feta and lime dressing is the perfect fresh and healthy summer dish!
It seems like it’s just not summer until you can buy fresh watermelons! One of my favorite dishes to take to summer soirees is a refreshing watermelon salad. It is always one of the first to be gobbled up and always gets rave reviews!
- Watermelon (seedless of course) is chopped into bite size pieces
- Blueberries add a little more flavor to the mix
- Mint is the perfect compliment to the watermelon
- Lime finishes it off with the perfect amount of tart
How to Pick a Good Watermelon
- Weight: Choose a watermelon that is heavy for its size, this shows it’s full of water and not dry inside!
- Yellow Spot: A yellow spot where the watermelon ripened on the ground is a must.
- Shape: Choose a watermelon with a smooth, even shape and no outward defects.
- Sound: When you knock on a watermelon it should have a hollow sound.
This watermelon salad is perfectly refreshing with just the lime and mint as dressing but also tastes amazing drizzled with balsamic vinegar. If do not have mint, basil pairs well with this watermelon salad as well.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar
- Add strawberries in addition or in place of the blueberries
- Add fresh basil
- Add finely chopped jalapeño to add spice to the mix
- Add some crunch with chopped walnuts or sliced almonds
How to ServePrint
Nothing screams summer like watermelon, and this Watermelon Salad with feta, mint, blueberries and lime dressing is the perfect fresh and healthy summer dish!
- 6 cups diced watermelon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped mint
- juice of 2 limes
Toss all ingredients together and serve chilled.
- Also tastes great drizzled with balsamic vinegar
Keywords: watermelon salad