Brown Sugar Grilled Pineapple is an easy, indulgent homemade grilled dessert recipe. The brown sugar marinade caramelizes for an amazing dessert!
I have a massive sweet tooth, I can’t deny it. Lately, I have been working really hard to enjoy more fruit-based desserts than, oh let’s say…cake. Since we’re grilling dinner multiple times a week I like to try an incorporate grilled desserts too. One of my favorite things to add to my grill, regardless of the main course, is this delicious caramelized brown sugar grilled pineapple. Grilling pineapple is beyond easy and the addition of the brown sugar “marinade” makes this dessert out of this world.
The prep work is minimal and can be done ahead of time if you are entertaining. Simply cut a fresh pineapple into spears and marinate in the butter and sugar mixture (full recipe below.)
If you are making this for a party simply throw it in the fridge at this step until you’re ready to grill. Otherwise, place on the grill on medium-high to high heat for about 6 minutes per side or until caramelized.
The heat of the grill softens the fruit and brings out all of that delicious sweetness! Serve by itself or over vanilla ice cream, I guarantee you you’ll fall in love with this recipe once you try it!
For more great summer desserts check out these blog posts:Print
Every meal at the grill deserves to be topped off by this easy grilled Pineapple Dessert! Sweet pineapple is coated with a butter brown sugar mixture and grilled to caramelized perfection!
- ½ stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe pineapple
- Cut pineapple into vertical spears and set in a bowl.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and pour over pineapple. Turn pineapple spears to coat on all sides.
- Grill pineapple on a clean grill at medium to medium-high heat for 6 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, alone or over vanilla ice cream.
Keywords: grilled pineapple