These Chocolate Mint Crinkle Cookies have an irresistible fudgy center with a crisp outside coated in powdered sugar, it's no wonder they are a holiday favorite year after year!
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar to coat
- In a medium bowl combine cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oil, eggs, sugar and extracts.
- Mix well to combine either by hand or with a mixer.
- Add flour mixture and stir until a black dough is formed-it will be very thick and sticky.
- Cover dough and refrigerate 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Put powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Coat hands with powdered sugar and roll dough into one inch balls.
- Place dough into sugar and roll to coat.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 9.8 g
- Sodium: 83.9 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.3 mg
Keywords: chocolate crinkle cookie