These sheet pan chicken fajitas are oven-roasted to perfection in under 20 minutes. They are a delicious, quick, and easy weeknight meal to throw together!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
These easy sheet pan chicken fajitas with cilantro lime sauce are one of our family’s favorite recipes. These baked chicken fajitas are not only easy to make, but packed with flavor!
Who doesn’t love when dinner clean up is a breeze (one pan, baby!), the food tastes delish, and it takes under 30 minutes to make? This girl sure does… so these oven fajitas are a winner in my book!
Why These Are The Best Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Easy cleanup: you only need one baking sheet for this recipe. We use a half bakers sheet to make this. It’s the perfect size. The only other dishes you’ll be cleaning is your cutting board and a knife. See? Easy peasy.
- Bold & flavorful: I seriously cannot even tell you how good these are. The homemade fajita seasoning and the cilantro lime sauce are where it’s at.
- Cilantro lime sauce: This IS the top reason you need these chicken fajitas in your life. This sauce is out. of. this. world. I’m just a sauce girl. I love sauces and dips on almost everything- especially anything taco-ish and the like.
- Time: They only have to bake/roast for 15-20 minutes in the oven. Yep- less than 20 minutes cooking time, baby!
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas in the Oven
- Slice: slice onion, peppers, and chicken into strips.
- Flavor: flavor the meat with the homemade fajita seasoning (or you can buy a packet of fajita seasoning mix).
- Dump & oil: seriously just dump everything (peppers, onions, and chicken) onto baking sheet, add the oil, toss to combine, and done!
- Roast: you’re going to roast/bake these chicken fajitas for only 15-20 min. One pan meal in under thirty minutes? Sign me up, please!
How to Reheat Baked Chicken Fajitas
The best way to reheat these oven chicken fajitas is in a skillet on the stovetop. This prevents the soggy peppers and dry chicken you get if you reheat the chicken fajitas in the microwave.
What Vegetables Can I Use for Baked Chicken Fajitas
You can add any vegetables you like to these oven fajitas, but bell peppers and onion are standard. You’ll need to adjust the cooking time if you use heartier veggies like potatoes.
How to Serve Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
We typically serve these chicken fajitas with flour tortillas, sour cream, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, guacamole or chopped avocado, cilantro, and Mexican cheese. And that lovely cilantro lime sauce of course!
So, let’s recap what this one pan chicken fajita recipe is all about: an easy one pan meal, bold and flavorful, easy clean up, and the cilantro lime sauce is to. die. for. What other reasons do you need to make these bad boys?! 😉
You might also like these other easy Mexican recipes:
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
These one pan chicken fajitas are oven roasted to perfection in under twenty minutes. They are delicious, quick, and easy to throw together!
For the Homemade Fajita Seasoning *
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
For the Chicken Fajitas
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut in half long ways (into cutlets), then cut into ½ inch strips
- 3 bell peppers, any color (we used yellow, green, & red), stemmed and seeded and cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 large red onion, sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Flour tortillas, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
For the Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of ½ of a lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Fajita Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside. (Skip if using fajita seasoning packet).
For the Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Combine all ingredients into food processor or blender and pulse until combined. **
For the Chicken Fajitas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add fajita seasoning and chicken to gallon zip lock bag. Shake until chicken is evenly coated.
- Place chicken, peppers, and onion on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over pan. Toss until fully combined.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees and juices run clear.
- While fajitas are cooking, heat tortillas, one at a time, in skillet on medium-high heat for 20-30 seconds per side. Set aside.
- Remove fajitas from oven. Serve immediately with tortillas, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, and cilantro lime sauce.
* You can use a fajita seasoning packet if you don’t have all the ingredients to make it homemade.
** If you don’t have a food processor or blender , chop cilantro into extra small pieces, and add all ingredients into bowl. Whisk vigorously until combined.
Keywords: Sheet Pan fajitas
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!