This old fashioned homemade coconut pie recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and bakes in just 35 minutes!
Old Fashioned Homemade Coconut Pie
A while back I mentioned that my mom had visited and brought with her all of her recipe books. They were jam-packed with old family recipes. It was wonderful to sit and go through them, seeing the handwriting of my grandmother and great-grandmother who passed away years ago.
As we were looking through the recipes we’d share stories and she helped me pick some favorites to share here on the blog. This Homemade Coconut Pie recipe was one she told me I just had to share. It was my great-grandmother’s favorite and once you try it, you’ll know why!
The BEST Coconut Pie Recipe
There are so many reasons to love this pie!
- This is a super sweet pie that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- It’s incredibly easy to make, no fancy ingredients required. You might even have everything you need on hand. Y
- ou can make it with premade pie crust or make my easy 3 ingredient pie crust, either way, it will be delicious!
Coconut Pie Recipe VIDEO
How to Make Coconut Pie
This is one of the easiest pie recipes I have here on the blog. Simply mix egg yolks, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt together then fold in the shredded coconut.
Pour in a premade or homemade pie crust and bake for 35 minutes until nice and golden brown. The hardest part of the recipe is waiting for it to cool before cutting a slice!
You might also like these delicious pie recipes:
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This old fashioned homemade coconut pie requires just a few simple ingredients and bakes in just 35 minutes!
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut
- 9” premade pie crust or homemade pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg yolks, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir in coconut. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Keeps for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Keywords: coconut pie