This old fashioned homemade coconut pie requires just a few simple ingredients and bakes in just 35 minutes!
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut
- 9” premade pie crust or homemade pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg yolks, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir in coconut. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
- You can tell this coconut pie is done when it has just a slight jiggle to it and it is golden brown on top.
- Keep the pie refrigerated up to 3 days
- To freeze the pie, allow to cool completely then store in an airtight container or wrap. It keeps up to 3 months in the freezer. To eat, simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Keywords: coconut pie