Deceptively easy to make, this strawberry cream cheese danish is perfect for entertaining and takes just a few minutes to make!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 puff pastry dough sheet, thawed
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Lay puff pastry sheet on the baking sheet, use a knife to cut 1″ slices into the outer thirds of the dough.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto intact middle section of the dough. Top with strawberry preserves.
- Starting at the top fold the dough strips across the middle section at a downward angle, alternating sides to form a braid pattern.
- Beat together egg and water and use a pastry brush to coat the top of the danish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate up to three days.
Keywords: strawberry danish