These easy baked meatballs are stuffed with cheese for a delicious surprise the entire family will love!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 cm cubes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Before you start mixing your meat make sure your cheese is handy nearby so you can easily grab pieces without contaminating other objects since your hands will have raw meat on them. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Use your hands to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Once the meat mixture is combined roll meat into 1.5″ balls around pieces of the cheese. Be sure to seal the meat completely around the cheese cube so it doesn’t leak out while baking.
- Place meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes or until the bottom edges begin to brown.
- Serve immediately.
- To freeze the meatballs: Allow to cool on the baking sheet then remove from the foil and transfer to the clean baking sheet beneath (so they don’t freeze to the fat that was released during cooking.) Place the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour, then transfer to a freezer bag for storage.
Keywords: meatball, cheese, baked