This five-ingredient Cheesy Bacon Baked Ziti recipe is perfect for those busy weeknight dinners. Simply assemble and pop in the oven for a family-friendly meal in under an hour!
Why I Love Bacon Baked Ziti
When you’re feeding five people like I do every day it’s very rare to find a meal that everyone loves. Especially if three of those people are picky little boys with no filter when it comes to complaining about food. This, my friends, is the reason that this Cheesy Bacon Baked Ziti Recipe is my new favorite meal to make!
I kid you not, I served this to my family and the dining room went silent. No complaints, no fuss, just chewing! I actually leaned over to my husband a few minutes in the meal with tears in my eyes and whispered that I could not remember the last time a meal went over so well!
Another reason I love this ziti so much is that it’s a very easy to prep weeknight meal. It only has five ingredients, which is always a bonus. It’s also an easy 15 minutes to cook the pasta and brown the bacon then you throw it all in a casserole, pop it in the oven and you’re done!
I promise this one is a keeper!Print
This five ingredient Cheesy Bacon Baked Ziti recipe is perfect for those busy weeknight dinners. Simply assemble and pop in the oven for a family friendly meal in under an hour!
- 25 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ziti
- 2 lb bacon
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, prepare ziti according to package instructions.
- Chop bacon into 1″ pieces and cook in a large skillet until just crispy.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a 9 by 13 casserole dish combine ziti, pasta sauce, bacon, and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Pat slightly to pack pasta together then top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: baked ziti