Try these hearty Sweet Potato Black Bean Taquitos for your next #MeatlessMonday meal! Dairy and meat free-simply replace the flour tortillas with corn tortillas to make the recipe gluten free as well!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 26.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup pico de gallo or chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 15 taco sized flour tortillas
- 2 very very ripe Hass avocados
- 1/3 cup Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 large jalapeño, cut and deseeded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your sweet potato (I do this by piercing the skin numerous times, wrapping in paper towel and microwaving for 6-7 minutes.)
- Allow the potato to cool enough to handle and cut into 1/2″ cubes.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, almond milk, and jalapeño in a food processor and pulse until totally smooth.
- In a large bowl combine cubed sweet potato, beans, pico de gallo, onion, cilantro and 2/3 of the avocado jalapeño sauce.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas and wrap, placing on baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Serve with remaining avocado jalapeño sauce and garnish with cilantro.
Keywords: black bean taquitos