Summertime just begs for fruity, refreshing cocktails and this Orange Mojito recipe fits the bill perfectly. Building off the original Cuban Mojito cocktail, this simple mojito recipe combines juicy orange with mint and a zing of lime for a drink you'll want to enjoy all summer long!
A classic mojito is made with white rum, sugar cane juice, mint, lime juice and soda water. It's such a refreshing cocktail. This Orange Mojito is a fun twist on a summer staple.
- orange juice
- simple syrup
- mint leaves
- orange slices for garnish (optional)
How to Make an Orange Mojito
As with all mojitos, these are best enjoyed when made fresh each drink. Use the freshest fruit and mint you can find for the best flavor. As with a classic mojito, you'll muddle lime juice, mint, and simple syrup in the bottom of a glass. Once all that flavor is released, top with orange juice, rum, and soda water and enjoy!
A mojito is a Cuban cocktail consisting of lime, mint, sweetener, rum, and sometimes carbonation. It traces its roots all the way back to the 1500s as a drink called El Draque. El Draque was rum mixed with lime, sugar, and mint as a way to mask the harsh taste of crude alcohol production.
A light white rum is the traditional choice for mojitos. You do not need to buy the top shelf rum, a mid-range quality rum will work just fine.
I highly recommend you muddle this cocktail instead of using substitutions. Muddling releases not only the juice of the lime but also the essential oils in the lime peel (which holds 95% of the flavor of citrus is stored) and breaks down the cell walls of the mint leaves.
A muddler is a simple pestle for bartending. If you don't have one use a wooden spoon or ice cream scoop to crush the fruit and mint to release the flavor.
- Adjust the amount of rum for your taste or omit the rum altogether to make a virgin mojito
- Omit the seltzer water for a non-carbonated version
- Use blood oranges for garnish
- Quadruple the recipe to make a pitcher, add the seltzer just before serving
You might also like these cocktails:
If you like this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Bring the taste of Cuba to your summer entertaining with this Orange Mojito Recipe. It's a fresh take on the classic mojito we all know and love.
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz orange juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 1 oz soda water
- 2 lime slices
- 6-8 mint leaves
- orange slices and mint for garnish, if desired
- In the bottom of a cocktail glass, muddle together lime, mint leaves, and simple syrup.
- Add orange slice to glass if desired.
- Fill glass with ice and pour over rum, orange juice, and soda water.
- Stir and garnish as desired.
Keywords: orange mojito