It is so easy to make your own homemade natural weed killer spray. With just two household ingredients you can make a vinegar weed killer that gets rid of pesky weeds without dangerous chemicals!
Weed Killer Spray
Despite our best mulching efforts, sometimes you’ll find yourself with weeds that need to be killed. While pulling weeds by hand is usually the best route, using a homemade weed killer spray can be the next best option!
Natural Weed Killer Spray Ingredients
- Vinegar – Ordinary white household vinegar contains acetic acid which draws moisture from weeds
- Dish Detergent – acts as a surfactant, which reduces the surface tension of the mixture and lets it absorb into the plant rather than bead up on the surface
- Salt – I do not recommend adding salt to the area unless you intend to never plant there again. Salt can build up in the soil and make it impossible to plant in the area permanently. If you use salt in your weed killer, do so with extreme caution.
Natural Weed Killer Results
Check out the difference in only one day after spraying the weed killer!
I also use this natural weed killer with salt on weeds that pop up in the pavement cracks as well. If you catch them early you hardly have to pull them at all.
How do you try to control weeds in your yard? Have you tried a vinegar weed killer yet?
How to Make Homemade Weed Killer
If you try this homemade weed killer, please leave a star rating below!
- dish detergent
- white vinegar
- salt (optional)
- spray bottle
- Mix 2 cups of vinegar with 2 tablespoons of dishh detergent and shake to mix.
- Spray mixture on weeds, ideally at the hottest/sunniest part of the day.
- For a more permanent solution in an area you do not wish to plant in the future mix 1 gallon of vinegar with 1 cup of salt.
- Mix until salt dissolves.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dish soap and mix again.
- Spray onto the plants at the hottest/sunniest part of the day.
You might also like these backyard posts: