Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect dessert for any chocolate lover! Packed with chocolate chips and given a crisp sugared topping, once you try this chocolate chip muffin recipe there will be no going back!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter with Almond Oil, melted
- 3/4 cup milk (regular or almond)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar + 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir to mix.
- Add melted Country Crock® Plant Butter with Almond Oil, egg, vanilla, and milk. Stir until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top of the muffins if desired.
- Fill muffin pan 2/3 full. Top with chocolate chips if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon each sugar and dark brown sugar. Sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing a rack.
Keywords: chocolate chip muffins