- 1 loaf French bread or baguette
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix softened butter, garlic, and parsley until blended. Set aside.
- Use a serrated bread knife to cut the French bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread the garlic butter liberally over the French bread.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until desired toasting is achieved.
- For softer garlic bread, place the two halves back together after spreading the butter and wrap in foil before baking.
- To freeze homemade garlic bread, place the two halves back together after spreading the butter and wrap in foil, then plastic wrap and place in freezer. To bake allow to thaw and then bake 10-15 minutes or until toasted.
- Change this recipe by swapping out the parsley for rosemary or oregano, or swapping the Parmesan for mozzarella cheese.
Keywords: homemade garlic bread