Delicious homemade sausage gravy is the perfect companion to biscuits or Texas toast. Best of all this easy recipe only has 3 ingredients and takes just 15 minutes start to finish!
- 1 pound sage ground sausage
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, brown the sausage until cooked through. Mash into small pieces as you cook.
- Add flour into the meat and stir to mix. Cook for one minute.
- Slowly pour in milk, stir continuously until gravy thickens to your desired consistency. Season with pepper to taste if desired.
- Change the flavor of the sausage gravy by varying the sausage-you can use sage, spicy, etc.
- You can make this sausage gravy with any kind of milk but the higher the fat content (whole milk), the creamier the end result.
- This recipe is easy, but do not neglect the instructions to stir constantly! You don't want to burn the gravy.
- If making biscuits and gravy from scratch, I recommend starting with the homemade drop biscuits, then making the gravy as the biscuits are baking in the oven.
Keywords: sausage gravy