These cookie bars are a delicious blend of pecans, toffee, and chocolate on a cookie crust!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer combine the first three ingredients until well blended.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Top with pecans.
- In a small saucepan combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar and heat to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil for 3 minutes continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat and pour over crust and pecans.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
- Remove from oven and top with chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for 3 minutes then use the back of a spoon to spread melted chocolate.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Keywords: turtle bar, butter pecan