Szechuan Chicken is a sweet and spicy chicken stir fry dish that can be made in just 20 minutes! It's perfect for serving over rice and noodles for a fast weeknight meal!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- long grain rice, cooked
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Place chicken cubes into a plastic bag and add cornstarch. Seal and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown the chicken on all sides, stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and water.
- Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in green onion and cayenne pepper and cook additional 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Keywords: szechuan chicken