These Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas are the ultimate in easy comfort food. This Mexican slow cooked pulled pork is super easy to prep in less than ten minutes and cooks up easily in the Crock Pot!
- 4 lb pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 small or 1 large orange
- 2 limes
- Mix cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder and oregano in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture on all sides of the pork shoulder and place in a slow cooker with fat rind on top.
- Top meat with onion and garlic cloves.
- Cut limes and oranges in half, squeeze juice over pork and add fruit to the top of the meat.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove fruit and garlic and any fatty pieces.
- Shred meat with two forks and serve immediately.
Keywords: pork carnitas