There’s no better way to cozy up in cold weather than with traditional mulled wine, and it’s super easy to make when you pull out your handy slow cooker!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, halved
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle full red wine (I used cabernet)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. (Squeeze juice from orange into slow cooker then add juiced remains to pot.)
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours.
- Strain out spices and fruit with a slotted spoon.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Do not boil the wine or you will boil off the alcohol.
- You can also place the fruit and spices in a cheesecloth and tie with twine, then simply remove when ready to serve.
Keywords: mulled wine