This easy Cheesy Crock Pot Bacon, Ham and Potato Soup is the ultimate comfort food. Made in the Slow Cooker, it can be prepped in just ten minutes for an easy meal on busy days.
- 5 Russett Potatoes, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots (about 10 baby carrots cut)
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 lb ham cubes
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut bacon into 1″ pieces and cook in a large skillet over medium high heat until brown.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain and cool.
- In a crockpot combine potatoes, onion, carrot, ham, bacon, broth and parsley.
- Stir well to mix.
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Turn off crockpot and stir in milk, sour cream and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted and serve immediately.
- This recipe is a great way to use leftovers!
Keywords: ham and potato soup