These easy Sausage Cheese Balls are a crowd-pleasing appetizer that can be ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 3 cups baking mix
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and blend with your hands until all baking mix is incorporated. If dry mix still remains in the bottom of the bowl add an extra tablespoon or two of milk until it is all incorporated.
- Roll mixture into 1" balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Shred cheese yourself for best results, balls will turn out dry if using pre-shredded cheese due to added cellulose.
- If your batter seems too dry, add an additional 1/4 cup of milk.
- Use a cookie scoop to make evenly sized balls
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleanup and reduced sticking
- If the sausage balls seem greasy, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels for a few moments to let excess grease wick away
- If serving at a party, keep the sausage balls in a slow cooker set to "warm" to keep them warm
Keywords: sausage, cheese, balls