Get your treats ready for Valentine’s Day with these Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2/3 cup Red Velvet cake mix
- In a large mixing bowl melt butter in microwave, about 1 minute.
- Add marshmallows and stir to coat.
- Return bowl to microwave and heat an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir mixture until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add cake mix and stir until uniform.
- Pour cereal into marshmallow mixture and stir to coat.
- Coat a 9×13 baking pan generously with nonstick spray.
- Spray a spatula with nonstick spray and use to press cereal into pan.
- Be sure to pack it down firmly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting with cookie cutter.
Keywords: red velvet rice krispie treats