This is simply the best Pumpkin Pancake recipe out there! Light, fluffy pancakes flavored with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and a hint of clove. Once you try these easy pumpkin pancakes they're sure to be your go-to fall breakfast!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 egg
- Preheat skillet to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and spices.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry and mix until just combined.
- spray griddle with nonstick spray and use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour batter on griddle. Cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden.
- Serve with butter and syrup or whipped cream. Garnish with pecans or walnuts if desired.
- Mix batter until just blended, overmixing will cause pancakes to be tough.
- If you prefer, you can substitute 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove.
- Spray the griddle with nonstick spray between batches.
- Use a 1/3 measuring cup to pour batter.
Keywords: pumpkin pie pancakes, pumpkin pancakes