Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are loaded with rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter! With only 30 minutes to bake, you'll want to make this indulgent cookie bar recipe right away!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz package chocolate chips
- 12 oz package peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 by 13 baking pan.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl, set aside.
- In a stand mixer mix brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add in flour mixture.
- Remove from mixer and mix in chocolate and peanut butter chips by hand.
- Spread batter in pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden and center is done.
- Cool on a rack and slice into 16 bars once cool.
- You can use either crunchy or smooth peanut butter but do not use natural peanut butter, the end result won't be the right texture.
- Choose any kind of chocolate chip you want, dark chocolate, semisweet, milk chocolate: it's up to you, they will all turn out delicious!
- For thicker bars use a 9 by 9-inch pan and extend the baking time by about five minutes.
Keywords: peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bar