This easy recipe for oven roasted bell peppers is a healthy and simple side dish that takes only 20 minutes to get on the table! Learn how to easily roast peppers with this step by step tutorial and video!
- 1 each red, yellow, and green bell peppers
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice peppers and onion into thin (about 1/4 inch) strips and place in a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and salt and pepper and use your hands to mix, being sure each piece of the veggies are thoroughly coated.
- Arrange veggies on a baking pan ensuring not to overcrowd them.
- Squeeze lemon over vegetables.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges start to turn black. Serve warm or cool.
- Good, fresh peppers will be firm and glossy. The skin should be taut and unwrinkled, and the stems fresh and green. Avoid peppers that have soft or shrunken areas or black spots.
- Do not crowd the peppers and onions on the baking sheet, doing so will result in them steaming rather than roasting and give a different flavor and texture.
- Store the peppers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3-5 days. These roasted peppers can be frozen up to six months. Thaw in the fridge and use within 3 days of thawing.
Keywords: roasted peppers, roasted bell peppers, roasted red peppers