A Lowcountry Boil is perfect for feeding a crowd or a simple weeknight dinner! Packed with delicious shrimp, spicy sausage, corn cobs, and potatoes, this iconic dish can be made on the stovetop in just 30 minutes!
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 large red potatoes, quartered
- 6 ears of fresh corn, husked and cut in half
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1.5 lb frozen peeled and deveined shrimp
- Combine sausage, potatoes, corn, onion, lemon and 5 cups of water in a large pot.
- Stir in Old Bay and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes and corn are tender.
- Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes or until pink and firm.
- Serve in a large dish.
Keywords: lowcountry boil