Crispy pan seared scallops are cooked with lemon and garlic to maximize the flavor of this simple seafood dish ready in just 10 minutes!
- 1 lb fresh sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium and add scallops, cooking about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Squeeze lemon over scallops and serve immediately.
- The oil should be quite hot before the scallops are added. If there is not a sizzling sound when you add the first scallop, it is not hot enough to sear them.
- Do not overcook, 3 minutes on each side is sufficient.
- Don’t crowd the scallops in the pan, be sure they have about an inch of space between them. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Don’t move them around in the pan, allow them to sit in the same place for the perfect sear.
Keywords: pan seared scallops