Whether you're looking for a game day treat or an easy party appetizer ready in just thirty minutes, these Bacon Wrapper Jalapeño Poppers are sure to be a hit!
- 20 Fresh Jalapeños
- 2 8 oz packages Cream Cheese, Softened
- 4 tbsp Finely chopped Green Onion
- 1 16 oz package Thick Cut Bacon, uncooked and sliced in 3" pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut jalapeños in half and scoop out inside, removing all seeds and membranes.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese and green onions until well blended.
- Fill jalapeño halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each filled jalapeño with a bacon piece and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a rack over a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes. Serve warm.
- Wear plastic gloves when handling jalapeños.
- For a recipe variation, substitute one of the packages of cream cheese with half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Experiment with adding spices such as salt and pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to change the flavor of the cheese mixture.
- For a crispier jalapeño popper, use regular cut bacon. For more bacon flavor, use thick cut bacon.
- Prep up to 8 hours before baking and store in the refrigerator until you are ready.
- Serve with the toothpick to make it easier for guests to eat the poppers.
- Serve alone or along with a popper dip such as ranch or bleu cheese.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 111.3 mg
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 18.9 mg
Keywords: bacon, jalapeno, popper